This guide covers –
- Atari Lynx
- Neo Geo Pocket / Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Nintendo DS, DS Lite and DSi
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance
- Nintendo Virtual Boy
- Sega Game Gear
Thankfully there is NO region protection on any of these consoles so the only barrier to you playing import games on these would be language differences.
One thing to be wary of when it comes to the Game Boy Advance is that there are a lot pirate carts being sold from Hong Kong. They are *very* convincing fakes too – the box often comes flat-packed but they’ll have a cut-down version of the instructions but will look almost identical to the real thing. The exception to this is the box which is usually made from a shinier type of card than official games.
Unfortunately, the Nintendo 3DS does have region-locking, so you will have to ensure that the 3DS games you buy are compatible with the 3DS you own. Workarounds are sometimes available, but they often get addressed in Nintendo’s software updates.
- Buy Atari Lynx Consoles and Games
- Buy Neo Geo Pocket Games
- Buy Nintendo DS Consoles, Games and Accessories
- Buy Nintendo 3DS Consoles and Games
- Buy Nintendo Game Boy Consoles, Games and Accessories
- Buy Nintendo Game Boy Color Games
- Buy Nintendo Game Boy Advance Consoles and Games
- Buy Nintendo Virtual Boy Games
- Buy Sega Game Gear Consoles, Games and Accessories